Our Health Ministry program helps our congregation care for one another. The Health Ministry Team includes health professionals and lay members who combine knowledge and experience and serve in response to the unique needs of the congregation and the community.
Here are some ways we encourage healthy lifestyles:
- Blood Pressure Checks in Ross Hall following the 9:30 service on the second Sunday of every month;
- Faith Community Nurse Ministry facilitates holistic health care;
- Stephen Ministry offers pastoral care by trained lay members;
- Galileans visit and serve Holy Communion to homebound members;
- Healing Team prays with and anoints the ill and infirm;
- Interfaith Counseling provides mental health therapy by pastoral counselors;
- Disability Ministry consults on services and access for the disabled;
- Grief Support Ministry sponsors classes and support groups;
- 12-Step Ministry offers meetings for Narcotics Anonymous & Alcoholics Anonymous; and
- Other programs offered during the year are aerobic exercise classes, weight loss program, blood pressure check and a flu shot clinic.