United Methodist Women
About United Methodist Women...
UMW is for women of all ages and interests. We meet in small fellowship groups — morning, afternoon or evening — on a monthly basis for fun and programs. Our purpose is to know God and experience freedom as whole persons through Jesus Christ, to develop a creative, supportive fellowship and to extend the concept of missions through participation in global ministries of the church. All UMW groups are open to all women. If you have any questions, please contact us.
UMW sponsors the following groups:
- Tears, Milk & Honey: a spiritual growth and study group for women that meets on Tuesdays at 10 a.m. in the church parlor;
- Naomi Circle: one of our UMW groups that offers spiritual support for women meeting in members' homes on the second Tuesday of the month at 7:00 p.m.;
- Stitch in Time: this needlecraft group meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 9:30 a.m. at members' homes or at the church, depending on the nature of the sewing project;
- Unity Circle: meets on the fourth Thursday of the month at 10 a.m. in the church parlor; and
- Dinner & Dialogue: a group for women unable to meet during the day that gathers on the third Tuesday of the month at 6:45 p.m. in members’ homes.
UMW also sponsors several activities throughout the year:
- The Merry Mixed-Up Fellowship for members of all the UMW groups meets monthly during June, July & August in Ross Hall.
- The Annual Cookie Walk, held on the second Saturday in Decmeber, is a cookie sale extravaganza to benefit local outreach ministries for women & children.
- The Four-Score & More Luncheon honors church members & friends who are 80 years old or older. It is held every February in Ross Hall.
- The Mother-Child Luncheon is our Mother’s Day event with great food, fun and entertainment.
Our UMW also offers receptions in Ross Hall for weddings and other occasions such as bereavement receptions, anniversaries and birthday parties for church members.